Two main purposes for the meeting. Also print out the hand out below to put on your fridge as reminder/reference.
1) Big Picture! I wanted to get everyone on the same page because you all (the parents) are obviously going to have the biggest impact on your children.
VISION STATEMENT: I see this generation of youth being transformed by the gospel and equipped by God’s Word to transform their homes, schools, community and the next generation with the gospel.
- Transparency resting in God’s Grace—cultivates authentic community
- Prayer! Subtle faith-boosting, life-changing power as God moves through the faithful prayers of His people (Rom. 12:12; Eph 6:18).
- Faith producing action! We want to be doers of the Word (James 1:22-25) because authentic faith is lived out (James 2:14-26)
Not in our strength, but in the strength and power of the One who modeled this perfectly for us — Jesus Christ.
Quarterly Parents’ Meetings: Based on feedback from the meeting, I’m also going to begin hosting quarterly informal parents’ meetings to give parents an opportunity to provide feedback on how they see things going and ask questions.
2) Administrative! Stuff is happening, here are the deets:
WHAT’S AVAILABLE? Wednesday Night Youth Group (aka, “The Hub”) will continue through the summer for both Middle School and High School, 7-9pm. Sunday School (9:30-10:30am) will continue through May but is taking a break for the summer starting June 4.
- Discipleship Groups (guys and girls)
- D-Now retreat (HS)
- ReBOOT retreat at Skycroft Camp (MS)
- Gospel Project Curriculum with Essential Doctrines.
LOOKING AHEAD — main events