Why do we do annual training? It’s part of what we value as a church! We value service-oriented believers, knowing that each person is a unique, Holy Spirit empowered instrument of God, equipped to do works that will glorify Him. (See Ephesians 4:11-13; Titus 2:3-5; 1 Peter 2:9-10)
It’s also a practical time that gives a connection point between ministry leaders and team members, helps bond our service teams together, and it’s also an efficient avenue to share pertinent updates and provide relevant training. We want you equipped to serve and volunteer on Sunday mornings or in BRBC ministries throughout the week!
August 14 or 21, 5:30-7:30pm
Dinner & childcare provided
deadline to register is midnight Aug 7
Where can I serve? What are the volunteer needs?
Life Groups (leaders participate in training)
- We have a current need for host homes. If you are willing to offer your house and hospitality during the September-May life group sessions, with periodic breaks, please reach out to learn more! Contact Bill Parker
- Teachers (must be a BRBC member) and volunteers are needed in all classes, during 9:00am and 10:15am. Choose an age group: Nursery (0-24mos), Toddlers (2-3yrs), and Elementary (1st-2nd and 3rd-5th). Serve each week or on a rotation.
- Our biggest need is for weekly leaders for small groups (both Middle School & High School, must be a BRBC member).
- There are also some other volunteer needs related to one-time events and helping with planning, making grocery runs, coordinating transportation, etc.
- Leaders to engage with kids and listen to kids recite Scripture memory verses. Serve weekly from 4-5:30pm.
- Worship team (vocalists, musicians)
- AV logistics- learn how to run song lyrics; setup/teardown cords, help run livestream tech (manage camera, video switcher, etc)
Training provided and a commitment of 2-3 Sundays per month and weekly practice is required.
Sunday Hospitality: Coffee bar team
- Friendly, service-oriented volunteers are needed to arrive before the service to make coffee, setup the Coffee Bar area, and serve hot drinks as folks arrive to the 10:15am worship service. Serve on a rotation, as often as you like.
Sunday Hospitality: Kids Checkin team
- Volunteers are needed to help parents sign their kids in for Children’s Ministry and print out checkin stickers. Arrive early to turn on the checkin tech; be a friendly and available face if newcomers need to sign in for the first time, or to help troubleshoot. Serve for each Sunday in a particular month, or on a rotation.
Sunday Hospitality: Security team
- Volunteers are needed whose main focus is to maintain a safe and secure environment on Sunday mornings. Help maintain awareness of our surroundings and be available
Sunday Hospitality: Welcome Team
- Those with a heart to help make everyone feel welcome here, and especially those willing to take a proactive approach to identifying and coming alongside newcomers, are needed on this team!