Two weeks ago you all (the students) wrote anonymous questions for me related to homosexuality. Tonight I’m going to do my best to answer them in a way that is helpful and encouraging.
You guys asked some great questions, here is a sampling:
- How should we treat homosexuality within the church?
- Why did God allow some people to be homosexual if He loves them?
- Why point out homosexuality as a sin when Christians sin themselves? Isn’t that hypocrisy?
- How should you balance loving the sinner but still rejecting the sin
- Is someone not saved if they are a homosexual or support homosexuality?
- Are you sinning if you support the gay pride movement?
Sexuality is an incredible and good creation of God. But like with everything good, Satan wants to destroy it so there can be no enjoyment of what God made. There are so many people that are trapped in lies related to sexuality (anything outside of marriage) and Jesus came to save them. None of us are free from the hurt of sin and I am thankful that Jesus came to save us.