Praise God, Thursday’s conference went really well! David, Steve, and Randy divided up the three hours or so of speaking, and afterwords the team was able to meet and speak with several EMA pastors as potential leads for ministry support.
Thursday they also spent time dividing up all the supplies our BRBC body sent with them — 8 suitcases full! Divided things out to distribute to schools and churches.
Today (Friday) the team visited a lot of churches, two schools, and Stephen’s parent’s home. They went to Burden Bearer’s Academy (one of the schools David and I taught at in 2011, the school Pastor Stephen started). David said his youth leader-ness kicked in here as the team pushed through the chaos of organizing all the school kids into two big Awana groups (so 8 teams total) to play Awana games. He said it turned out awesome and they all had a ton of fun! Saw Teacher Bridget, who we met 11 years ago.
Went to many churches/talked with pastors (asking them what are your challenges?), took pictures, visited Gumungo school, Thomas & Tyler shared their testimonies, which was really awesome to see them step up to do! Very full day: jostling around on bumpy roads, standing, visiting, getting back in the van all sweaty, repeat.
Visited Stephen’s father, sitting on same log under same tree, as when Stephen took us to visit him in 2011 and 2015. He’s 94 years old. The team got to visit Stephen’s grave, close to parents house.
- He asked for prayer for wisdom and guidance — there is a lot of need — wisdom for BRBC in moving forward.
- Please also pray for tomorrow (Saturday) as they speak at another leadership conference!
4. Thomas sharing his testimony at Burden Bearers school in Mirigu. Very powerful. He had pastor Boniface translate for him because Boniface wanted to make sure the children were able to understand.
6. Gonum church. Pastor Kennedy and Simon are the leaders. Very spiritually dark community – they have a dirt floor and no finished windows so rain flows in. So much energy and faith in God. We prayed with them – it was very powerful.
Many from the church were actually able to come and greet us with the pastors.
7. Walking back from Pastor Gabriel’s house. He was injured in a motor bike accident so he was not able to greet us at the church. We visited him at his house and prayed with him. Very encouraged by him – to see where he lives and the commitment to pastoring that church.