This Sunday/July 5 >>
In-person services at 9:30 & 11:00am: RSVP to join us! (Read our guide if it’s your first time back.)
Livestream services will be available at 9:30 & 11:00am: Click here
Sign up by midnight THIS Sunday for BBQ at the Drive-Thru Chill on July 12! RSVP here. But –come regardless of an RSVP, we want to see as many of you as possible. Seeing you from your car is better than nothing!
Churchwide prayer via Zoom – July 6, 8:00-9:00pm
Join your pastors, elders, and staff on Zoom this Monday evening at 8:00pm for our monthly time of prayer together. Like Pastor David reminded us last month, “Let’s cry out to God together regarding the things that have been heavy on our hearts and let’s continue to love and show grace to one another as we look to our gracious King Jesus.” Please consider this your personal invitation to join in. Click here to get the Zoom link.
Drive-Thru Chill (our BRBC summer event) – July 12, 5:30-6:30pm
This is our COVID-19 church picnic—a drive-thru version! RSVP by midnight this Sunday if you want BBQ. Our goal is to provide a venue for us to see more of each other and raise our spirits. We’ve specifically designed this as an event with “layers” of interaction, so there is something for EVERY comfort level. We will be in our cars, outdoors, and socially distant. We are encouraging everyone who is in town on Sunday/July 12 to come by the church and interact in the ways below that you are comfortable with. We want to see you! Read below for what to expect:
- Arrival: Drive-thru the portico at the upstairs entrance. Drop off your canned goods donation for the Tree of Life food pantry (a volunteer can remove them from your trunk if you wish to limit interaction). Wave and say hi to the BRBC staff and volunteers at this point, or chat with the car across the way from you!
- RSVP for BBQ: Reserve and pickup Wayne Mason’s famous smoked pulled pork (carefully and safely prepared). Staff and volunteers will hand you a to-go container. RSVP for food here; we have a hard deadline of midnight THIS Sunday/July 5.
- “Reverse” parade: Continue your drive around our building and wave and/or chat at a distance w/ 6 BRBC families who will be stationed around the lower parking lot. Hopefully we can all see some faces we haven’t seen in the last months!
- “Tailgate” dinner: At this point, you can either exit or you are welcome to stay and eat, separately together! We will have physically-distanced parking spaces marked out in the field and you are welcome to park, open your trunk or bring a picnic blanket, and “tailgate” by eating together from our cars. Feel free to bring your own food.
- What do we need from you? 1) Mark your calendars now 2) RSVP by 7/5 if you want BBQ 3) Bring a few canned goods for the Tree of Life food pantry 4) Come!
Opportunity to care this week: Foster family in need of meals!
Are you able to donate a restaurant gift card (8 are needed) or deliver a home-cooked meal? A local foster family just took in a 3-mos-old baby girl with significant medical issues. Meals will help simplify one part of their lives! Click here to donate a gift card, or contact Brittany about home-cooked meals. Fusion foster care ministry also passed on a prayer request: “DFS (Dept of Family Services) is looking for a permanent family for an 18-year-old girl in Loudoun who is at extreme risk for human trafficking. Fusion Ministry identified a potential family for her via a local church, and had a meeting Monday that went very well. Please join us in praying that God brings peace and opens doors for them to proceed, or that He brings another family along who can protect her, help meet her needs, and introduce her to Him.”
Christian counselor recommendations
Church family, it is important to us to periodically remind each of you that we maintain a referral list of Christian counselors in the Northern Virginia area. Since we live in a broken world, the problems we encounter can be very complex and difficult to navigate. We know that God’s Word is powerful, His Spirit is inside of us, and that He uses his Church in many ways. Yet He also provides us with other sources of help that can partner with churches seeking to come alongside people in times of spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional need. Even some of your staff, pastors and elders have been blessed by the ministry of Christian counselors in their own lives. If for any reason you want help in finding someone who might be of assistance to you, please contact the church office at . We’d be happy to refer you if you so desire.
Sunday service updates
Families, we are continuing to split the service into more manageable chunks that hopefully is helpful (especially for kids age 4+). Feel free to bring a blanket or towel for kids to stay on in front of you, if that’s helpful, and they’re welcome to sit on the floor and play or color, or similar ideas. In the month of July, we will celebrate communion together on the 2nd and 4th Sundays. At this time, masks are needed if you choose to worship in the building (ages 10+). See Pastor Jack’s update here.
Quick links during this time
- Sunday livestream worship services – click the link on our homepage here (mask update here)
- How to give – instructions are at brbible.org/give
- Opportunities to care for our community – click here
- Do you have an avenue to a smaller group to stay encouraged?
Connect with a Life Group even during the break – email the staff.
- Do you have a need? Please don’t hesitate – reach out to the church staff
Build. Guard. Rest.
Pastor David taught from Psalm 127 and spoke God’s heart to us to rest from our striving, as we build and guard what we’re called to each day throughout our lives. Watch and listen to “Build. Guard. Rest.”
Your Giving “They gave themselves first to the Lord and then to [His work]” 2 Cor 8:5
Weekly giving needed for FY2020 budget – $19,017.31
Total giving for General Offering of 6/28/20 – $10,755.49
YTD giving needed for budget – $741,675.09
Actual YTD giving to budget – $726,216.70
Giving under budget – $15,458.39
July 2 – Happy Fourth of July! Church office will be closed.
July 5, 9:30 & 11:00am – RSVP for in-person Sunday worship services. (Read the guide.)
Livestream services at those times, click the link at brbible.org Sunday morning!
July 5, 7:00-8:00pm – Middle school online Sunday School via Zoom
July 5, 8:00-9:00pm – High school online Sunday School via Zoom
July 6, 8:00-9:00pm – Churchwide prayer via Zoom
July 8 – Youth group small groups meeting in-person at homes
July 12 – Drive-Thru Chill – read all the details and RSVP for bbq!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube >>
Good ways to get real-time links to worship services, updates, and more!